“Opening Doors” is the Pacific West Association of REALTORS® Charity Foundation’s (PWRCF) Home Owners Association Assistance Program. The program was established as a means for the REALTOR® community to assist with the housing affordability crisis by helping families achieve the American dream of home ownership.
The program is a benefit not only to the community, but also to PWR REALTOR® members who may offer this program to their clients.
- Maximum income levels (1-2 buyers) $111,480 for Orange County & and $99,3600 for Los Angeles County.
- Maximum purchase price is $400,000 for Orange and Los Angeles Counties.
- Buyers must contribute 1% of the sales price from their own funds towards the down payment.
- Buyer may not have owned any residence within the past 3 years.
- Minimum credit score of 620.
- Pre-approval from a direct lender
- Minimum five-year fixed-rate, full documentation (no stated income) loan.
- Applicants must be represented by a PWR REALTOR® member.
- Property must be located within PWR’s jurisdiction.
- Short-sales must have written bank approval.
- Property and Home Owners Association must meet agency standards and pass review of PWR Underwriters (occupancy ratios apply, pending litigation, leased land, insufficient reserves not allowed)
- Condos & True Pud’s allowed – no condo hotels
- Other qualifications and restrictions apply.